Friday, August 5, 2011

leaving Yosemite

Colin (actually me) finished his Junior Ranger Booklet last night so we needed to turn it in for his badge/patch BUT first I have to tell you about FINALLY having a real, live bear siting right outside our lodge room; do you see him?
It was funny to watch him get and eat the apples . . . he was determined!

. . . and then I think he saw us. He ate a little more but left.
. . . it was super cool, and I had been waiting on this for 4 days! I had given up but wouldn't you know the morning we leave it happens. There was an green apple tree right outside our building and the bear was having his morning snack! There were several people out watching him/her and the crowd continued to grow but the bear payed (?is that a word?) us no attention at all. I really don't know how the tree supported him/her because the branch did not look that sturdy. He ate for about 15 minutes and then off he/she went. I was content and ready to go, but first we had to let Colin turn in his Jr. Ranger book. I really do like the program but some require a lot of work from an adult! This one wasn't too bad. You did have to pay $3 for the booklet but got a really good patch and the usual badge. The ranger who checked his booklet was super nice and let Colin talk about the bear in great detail. Before she gave him the oath, she went and got her hat for him to wear . . .
. . . and then announced his name on the speakers! I think he was excited?
. . . and we are off to our next adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment