Saturday, January 7, 2012

at Sea Day 2

Galveston was a long way so we made the best of the next 36 hours at sea! It was actually nice having nothing demanding after 3 busy days in a row! I would not have it any other way . . . always time to rest but never enough time to explore new places. I had an 8:00am spa appointment for a full body massage . . . was a free bonus when I booked the cruise . . . so nice to wake up and watch the water and then head for an hour of total relaxation! I finished with my massage to which the lady recommended I needed to have at least 2 massages every month; like that is going to happen. It was in the mid 80s outside so soaking up some rays was on my to-do list. While I was having some me-time, my parents were entertaining Colin and enjoying all the activities he loved! My poor Papa played more miniature golf and ping-pong and watched Colin rock climb more than you can imagine! Sounds like a kid's paradise doesn't it? After lunch Colin was again enrolled at the Adventure Ocean kids club for 3 hours! He had fun and they did a performance of Circus on the Seas which was cute. Each kid had a part of a traditional person/animal in a circus. Colin was the Ringmaster . . .
. . . he did a good job of speaking in front of total strangers and introducing each act. We headed to Family Bingo for a bit . . . thankfully Colin won a game. We started packing to disembark when our room attendant stopped by to chat and show Colin how to make some of the cool towel critters he left on our bed at night . . .

Dennis was so nice and always took time to say hi and ask about our day . . . and of course our room was always clean! Actually all the employees on board were SO kind to Colin (and us)! They really did make him smile a lot with all the attention. I really was amazed at how kid friendly Royal Caribbean was all week long! I think Colin's favorite was Suan who was our bar attendant at dinner . . . after Colin's first night request of a Dr. Pepper she had him one waiting every night . . . apparently she must have hidden them very well because I met a lady earlier in the week who was 'dying' for a Dr. Pepper. She was not too happy when I told her about Colin's every night. She wanted our table number and where we sat, LOL; seriously she asked. I liked Suan too because she always brought me a yummy drink:-)

It was a great trip with the exception of trying to arrive into the actual port of Galveston . . . Mother Nature decided we needed some fog and the port was closed! This was when the fog cleared . . .
. . . it was SO thick that I could barely see the railing on the balcony! We finally arrived 6 hours late and no one seemed to follow the directions on the order to get off which made for a total crazy experience. Thankfully we did not have to catch a plane so we sort of sat back and watched the people who thought they were more important and needed to get off first. I would so do it again though!

No comments:

Post a Comment