Monday, March 12, 2012

Arizona Adventure day 4

It was time to hit the road again but not without having breakfast at El Tovar. I had Eggs Benedict that were cooked perfect and traditional breakfast for Colin . . . this kid can eat! We loaded the car and south we headed. We had one last National Monument to check out . . . I tell you my America the Beautiful Pass has earned far more than the $80 I paid last June! It was a scenic drive back to Flagstaff with a stop at Walnut Canyon National Monument Cliff Dwellings . . .
This is a close up of the canyon walls . . . the wind left ripples in the stone; really neat up close.
There were so many stairs (I think 238) down and exactly that many back up too! I was tired but glad we went. Yet another Junior Ranger badge was earned (5 so far this trip)! We hit the road again for a scenic drive through Oak Creek Canyon for our final destination for the day, Sedona. We headed to Bashas' for some picnic supplies and had a nice outdoor dinner looking at the red rocks . . .
Tomorrow we explore them!

No comments:

Post a Comment