Thursday, August 16, 2018

Summer 2018 Review

Just like that Summer 2018 is over!  It is hard to believe as this year summer break seemed to go by so fast!  I enjoyed all our trips and the time we spent at home too.  Some days it was nice to be lazy and wear pajamas all day.  Here is what we enjoyed the most . . .

Heidi
1.  Iceland
2.  Canadian Rockies

It is hard for me to pick just two because I can always find something I like about everywhere I travel.
If I had to pick two specific things I loved this summer?
They both were in Iceland; Diamond Beach and Puffins!

Colin
1.  visiting cousins in College Station; twice
2.  Alaska . . . cruise
We both agreed that Canada was our favorite trip together!

And here is my funny story of the summer . . . I really was so looking forward to our trip to Sanibel Island.  We had a good time despite the awful conditions of the red tide.  Thankfully we were able to collect shells the first day we were there.  I brought back a lot of shells.  The day after we got home I opened my suitcase and the smell almost knocked me over it was awful.  Do you know how hard it is to get shells to not smell?  After a lot of trial and error this is how I finally solved the problem . . .
Yes, I boiled them on the BBQ grill!  I had read to microwave them but there was no way I was going to bring that stink inside my house.  They are so pretty and do not stink any more . . .

1 comment:

  1. I'm still following you. We've grown old and cannot travel anymore so just imagine how much I am enjoying your trips!

    We lived on Sapelo Island, GA for one full year, the shells there were fantastic. I could have warned you about the smell. Another way to do it is just leave them in the trees and let the ants and the sun do the job, but you have to have trees for it.

    Happy you are having travel fun, and that boy of yours looks like a fine young man. You've done well.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete