Thursday, July 11, 2019

Day 1: California Adventure

It is no secret I love Disneyland!  I mean California weather is usually perfect no matter what time of year.  I have visited Disneyland solo, with Colin, and now with a small group.  Our group is me, Colin, Lisa (aunt), and Katie (cousin).  We start our Disney Adventure at the California Adventure park . . . our start was a bit delayed because I had to wait in a super long line to get our tickets but we were good since the military tickets save so much money.  The gang is all here and ready to go!
Oh the matching shirts?  I used to think they were silly but let me tell you they have been nice!  You never have to remember what everyone was wearing and I don't know how many times it made it so much easier to locate our group so I guess I have become one of those Disney people!  Oh and Colin wanted no part of the matching shirts but agreed to same color but plain.  It is a very warm day for California but nothing compared to what we left behind in Texas!  So here is one of my Disney hacks . . . MaxPass . . . it isn't free but cost (I think) $15 per person but saves so much time!  You link your tickets on the app and schedule your FastPass rides!  No time wasted you just show up to the ride at your scheduled time, scan the app, and on the ride you walk!  So no more walking to each ride to get a ticket you just scan the app and done!  I also love that the fee includes the PhotoPass which are a lot of the photos from our trip.  There are photographers around the park and will take your photo for free!  If you have MaxPass they are linked to your account and automatically show up in the app to download.  Many would say it is too expensive, but I think it is worth it!  My favorite area in California Adventure is Carsland . . .
And my absolute favorite ride is Radiator Springs Racers . . .
The line for this is always long . . . usually at least 75-90 minutes long which I would never ever stand and wait but there is a trick to cut that wait time to less than 15 minutes.  The single rider line is awesome even if you are a group and don't mind splitting up on the ride!  You basically stand in the single rider line and they fill the empty seats with you!  Not all rides have this but the popular rides usually do!  If you can't bear to split up and ride solo then don't get in this line!  I just love this area and feel like I am in the movie . . .
We did explore the rest of the park too.  It was fun to have Katie along because she would ride the crazy rides that I would not!  Colin loved having her so he didn't have to ride alone.
It was a long hot day so we tried to find inside rides and activities to cool off.  There is tired and there is Disney tired . . .
What do you do to celebrate so many steps on a super hot California day?
You reward yourself with a super sugary milkshake at Black Tap Burgers & Shakes!  This is the Churro Choco Taco with was full of cinnamon greatness!
 PS  Calories don't count at Disneyland!

No comments:

Post a Comment