Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Day 15: the journey back to reality

Clearing security at Frankfurt Airport took longer than expected.  The layout is interesting. First you scan your own boarding pass and then you are allowed to enter the next secure area.  I was yelled at for being in the family line even though the sign had an arrow pointing that way for US passports.  Then your passport is stamped and you are free to roam the terminal area. Finally, we cleared actual security.  I don’t remember it being this way but every few gates have their own security area.  Our Gates E2-E5 had their own security area and it took forever.   Any type of electronic cord or device had to be removed and placed in a bin.  Three of our four bags were deemed suspicious so I had to unpack them for inspection.  One of our bags was dinged for a tube of mustard and horseradish . . . both were 100 grams or less so take that . . . I follow the rules . . . well for the most part.  The lady was not friendly and for the second time this early morning I was yelled at for not following the signs. Whatever! Funny thing is I was following the sign!  And now we wait to board our flight home.  While I would have loved another week or two, I am ready to go home.  We settled into our lovely seats for the 10 hour 30 minute flight home.
 
The flight was good . . . I ate, napped, watched TV, repeat . . . the appetizer, dessert, and lunch meal were very good!
  
Oh and I was finally introduced to the tv show Ted Lasso . . . I loved it but too bad I do not have the channel to watch the entire series!  One funny moment was when this appeared on my screen . . .
. . . I did not notice it until we were getting off the plane.  A missed connection?  I laughed so hard and thought it was funny.  And just like that we were back in Texas . . .
. . . where I almost died when I walked outside in the ridiculous triple digit heat!
  
Steps:  9,449
Miles:  4.13

No comments:

Post a Comment